In the past ten years avocados have been growing in popularity in the United States. Americans are referring to it as “the new bacon”, you can put it on anything. The truth is that avocados have been around for centuries and can be dated back to 10,000BC. The health benefits of avocados are astonishingly good for you. They provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid.
One of the best recipes with avocado as the main ingredient is Guacamole. My grandma (abuela) taught my mom and now my mom has passed the recipe down to me. Every time I go to a party or make it for friends they can’t get enough. With football season heating up this is a quick, easy and healthy recipe to make for everyone.
3 Green Onions
Handful of Cilantro
1 Jalapeño Pepper
1 Table Spoon of Olive Oil
1 Tea Spoon of Sea Salt
- Mash the avocados in a bowl until it turns into a paste.
- Dice tomato and add to the bowl.
- Dice the green onions and add to the bowl.
- Dice the handful of cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Dice the jalapeño pepper and add to the bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour a table spoon of olive oil and mix.
- Sprinkle a tea spoon of sea salt over the bowl and mix.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips like the Tostitos brand.
- You can add fresh lime juice if you enjoy the taste.
Tada! I told you it was simple to make! Comment below and let me know how you like it or let me know what you used to spice it up even more.
RUrec'N? We are.
- Melissa V