“One act of kindness can change the world”
With being this week, I was browsing Pinterest and found the coolest 30-day kindness challenge! Read about my journey in attempts to complete as many parts of the challenge as possible! :)
1 1. Put extra change in the meter ✔
2. Pay for the person behind you in line ✔
I’ve actually always wanted to do this for someone. The other day while making my usual Dunkin run, as I pulled up to the drive-thru I asked the Dunkin worker what the car behind me had ordered. They had only gotten a large iced coffee, so for the sake of the kindness challenge I told the worker it was on me!
3. Sit with someone eating alone
4. Leave a nice note with flowers on the windshield of a car ✔
(a little burry sorry!!!)
5. Give a very generous tip to your server ✔
Every now and then you hear about waiters or waitresses getting $1000 tips just out of the goodness of the patron's heart. I'm not in the situation to drop $1000 tips! So from here on out I've been making the conscious effort to always tip my waiters and waitresses fairly.
6. Pick a good cause and donate to it ✔
A friend of mine had recently gotten into an extremely critical car accident. This one really hit me close to home so I chose to donate to him. You can too by visiting this page!
7. Go out of your way to make a new friend ✔
8. Run an errand for someone ✔
9. Pick up any trash you see ✔
10. Offer to babysit someone for free
11. Call a loved one you haven’t spoken to in a while ✔
Grandparents live for calls from their grandchildren out of the blue. So Friday night I took the time to give my grandma a call to catch up. I know it really meant a lot to her and I was happy to put a smile on her face!
12. Give someone an unsolicited compliment ✔
13. Bring treats to the office for coworkers ✔
I couldn’t resist baking muffins for my marketing girls!
14. Donate blood or sign up to be an organ donor ✔
I am a proud organ donor!
15. Help someone carry their bags ✔
16. Leave a note or a little bit of cash in your favorite library book✔
I actually did do this one! Hopefully next time you’re in the library you find yourself $1 richer ;)
17. Put stray grocery carts where they belong ✔
18. Let a car merge in front of you, give them a smile or thumbs up ✔
As a driver known to have road rage this was a tough one for me!!
19. Write a letter of appreciation to someone who positively influenced you ✔
20. Volunteer at an animal shelter, soup kitchen, or nursing home
21. Give up your seat to someone else ✔
22. Say thank you to someone who does a hard job that not many would take ✔
23. Bring food/water to someone in need
24. Make a personalized playlist for a family member or friend
25. Cook a meal for someone ✔
Two of my roommates and I already take turns cooking for each other! I take one night a week and cook for them, then the other two nights they’ll take turns preparing dinner! Last week I made homemade turkey meatball soup.
26. Cover for a co-workers so that they can leave early
27. Donate clothes or books you don’t need ✔
I have A LOT of shoes and boots. So much that they barely fit in my closet. I made sure to go through them and take them down to Goodwill.
28. Ask someone how they are and really listen when they answer ✔
29. Give encouragement to someone who is working hard ✔
30. Spend the day saying nice thing about -- and to – other people ✔
This one was probably the toughest for me. But throughout the day I tried to just keep a positive attitude. Positive thoughts translate to kind actions!
I had a ton of fun attempting to complete thechallenge! Give it a try!!!
RUrec’n? We are.
- Erica M