Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Welcome Back Profs!

HEY EVERYONE 
& welcome back to another (hopefully) great year at Rowan!!!! Who's excited to be back I know I am. But I'm not so sure about classes! Even though I'm a senior I definitely still get those first day of class jitters. 

Hopefully by reading this blog post you'll feel more prepared and confident to take on your best year or semester so far!

Here's a list with a few tips that will help you tackle the year.



1. Buy a planner. It's the secret to staying organized and really maintaining your time. You'll be able to keep track of due dates, upcoming events, work, and whatever else you have planned! Filling out your planner and keeping it handy at all times really is a life savor!

2. Print your Syllabuses. It's one thing to keep at your class syllabuses online but a lot of times teachers won't hand out hard copies. Teacher aren't going to hold your hand, they expect you to keep track of assignment due dates, quizzes, and tests. By having hard copies of your syllabuses handy you can stay on top of all class due dates and make sure to get your work done on time!

3. Make lists. This really helps during midterms or finals week. When I feel completely overwhelmed it helps to make a list of all the tasks I need to accomplish. Then, from that list I can organize the tasks in the order that they need to be done by so I really can utilize my time in the best way possible.

4. Stick to your plans. Have a rule for yourself: if you write it down, get it done. That way your planner becomes more than just a reminder of what you 'could' have accomplished today. It becomes an actual guide to what you will be doing.

5. Go easy on yourself! Face it no one is perfect! And it's incredibly difficult to stay on top of every single thing in your life. Do your best and remember we all forget to do something every once in a while and it's definitely not the end of the world!

-EM

No comments:

Post a Comment