Homecoming 2016 is finally here and you know what that means football, tailgates, parties, and of course Battleship! This year avoid an early exit and follow these tips to a Proflympic Battleship Championship.
1. Dress to Impress- Get on the crowds’ good side and show team unity with matching team shirts based around your name. A team with a “uniform” is more intimidating than a team without one.
2. Stay on the Same Page- Team work is the most important factor in Battleship; one wrong move can end in disaster. Make sure all team members know their roles and stay out of each other’s way in battle.
3. Paddle Power! – The best way to avoid defeat in Battleship is maneuvering, give a strong team member the paddle and remember to use it wisely to change directions, pickup speed, and avoid your opposition.
4. Less May be More- When attacking another boat keep your timing and strength in mind. It may not always be the best strategy to fill your bucket all the way up with if it’s going to be hard to throw it. Filling your bucket with less water at a faster pace could be the difference between sinking a ship and being sunk.
5. Don’t Forget Defense- Remember you don’t have to sink any of your opponents ships to win. Sitting back and playing defense while the other teams knock each other out will give your team a better chance of being the last boat afloat.
Bonus Tip- Have Fun! Battleship is one of the most exciting and unique athletic events at Rowan. Enjoy it whether you come out on top or not.
Good luck tonight!